Workshop: SDN control and Open APIs for NREN Programmability - ADVA
Many current research and standardization activities in the area of SDN-based control of optical transport networks are focusing on Open APIs, e.g. using CLI, REST, NETCONF or RESTCONF based on YANG models. Several different models are discussed in standardization, e.g. the IETF YANG model for TE topology, the ONF Transport-API, and or the OpenConfig optical transport models.
This workshop will discuss requirements and use cases for NREN programmability, and gives an overview on current standardization and research activities on related SDN control and Open APIs. It will include presentations from invited speakers, and be followed by a panel.
Keywords and workshops topics:
- Requirements and use cases for NREN programmability
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Network programmability with NETCONF and YANG
- Alternative APIs: CLI, REST, RESTCONF
- Standardization bodies and industry alliances: ONF, IETF, OpenConfig
- YANG models: IETF TE-Topology, ONF T-API, OpenConfig Optical Transport